Plans to remake Escape from New York

« Older   Newer »
thenameisplissken
view post Posted on 14/3/2007, 22:20

Plans are in the works to remake Escape from New York with Gerald Butler as Snake Plissken. It seems that there will be changes to the plot.

http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/...ler_to_be_Snake

For me Snake will always be Kurt Russell and I'm not sure if I could imagine anyone but Lee Van Cleef as Hauk. Another downside to this is that Escape from Earth is probably now permanently shelved. From what I have read there have been issues between production companies and Carpenter. It is also my understanding that Carpenter will not go with production of the third Escape movie without Russell for the part of Plissken. With a remake in production it is likely Kurt will not return to the screen as Plissken. This will likely kill any hopes of seeing Escape from Earth.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am sick of all these remakes of classic movies. The reason the movie is termed classic is because it is a good movie. Personally I'd like to see something new and refreshing without the desire to remake an exact copy of an amazing movie.

Miss Plissken
view post Posted on 14/3/2007, 22:23

that is….I do not have words ........ but they want to also ruin this? not, it is not possible .......... enough, I I want Kurt!!!! Kurt where are you!!!? you make something!!!!!! they are deprived of hope ...............

è una cosa indescrivibile.................io voglio fuga dalla terra!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 replies since 14/3/2007, 22:20   134 views